Monday, November 5, 2012

Solar Smarts Spring into Egg Harbor Township.

Stirred by an interest in going green, Khachatur Suchyan of Egg Harbor Township, NJ. chose to go solar not only to better the environment but to save money too.

Before his solar installation, Suchyan’s electric bill reached as high as $250 during the baking heat of the summer. In other months, he paid around $100.

“I had been thinking about going solar, and once I talked with GP.Energy,” mentioned Suchyan, “I said sure, why not.”

GP.Energy is a solar provider headquartered in Berwyn, Chester County, Pa. and specializes in bringing green alternatives to homeowners.

Suchyan’s recently finished project on his house roof consists of 17 solar panels in a 3.995 KW system.


When asked about his electric bills after going solar, Suchyan noted that his payments only dived downward. With his electric bills dropping by 80 percent in warmer months, he pays just $50 a month to his utility company while keeping cool each summer.

“I initially thought about buying a system, but now I am leasing, and it costs $0 out of my pocket,” Suchyan said about the no money down option he selected. “Having solar and going green is awesome.”

Now, he’s grateful to say goodbye to those record high electric bills.

“With solar on my rooftop, it is a double use for me; it is protecting my roof, and I’m actually providing my own electricity,” he said. 

Through his solar lease, Suchyan will be producing his own energy for the next 20 years at a locked-in rate instead of paying so much to his utility company each month. Plus, insurance and maintenance is included in the package. 

“The electric prices just went up, and I feel good having solar. I’m proud when my neighbors ask about it every time they notice the panels,” he said.

Suchyan is approaching both neighbors and friends, encouraging them to go solar to help protect the environment and recognize the cost-savings of this eco-friendly electricity choice.

“Everybody should get it,” he concluded. “It is much better for the environment and the economy.”

No comments:

Post a Comment